Friday, December 24, 2010

Well, did not work out...

against a common opinion, some of computers is really a sealed book for me, full of mysteries.
And then, curiosity kills the cat.

I started in SL with a "windows" machine, and after some trouble, and experiments, a friend convinced me one day and gave me a "ubuntu" box. I must say, it runs stable, nearly never crashes. It is often, that, on an occasional shut down a reminder plops up "do you wish to save File X? It is open since 192 hours..."

When i need new software, i have a "software manager" where i type in what i am looking for, and i get a bunde of options to chose from. The software comes via internet, for free, installs itself, and runs smoothly.. mostly

With one big exception: OpenShot. My favorite video editor. 

I had updated my ubuntu from 10.04 to 10.10, and wanted now to make the video for the seasons greetings. OpenShot did not start. Hmmm... I tried to poke and tweak here and there... and have spend almost 8 hours now, with deinstalling and installing - often just guessing what i am doing.

In the result, my login screen changed and some fonts (and i have no clue why that is so) - and all else is running fine (again)... but no video software :(  I will hve to consult my friend, but that can not take place during the christmas days. 

So stay tuned, the video will come, once the software is running.

2 comments:

  1. Video or not a verry merry Christmas to you, and thank you for all you have done and do.

    Marvin and his one lacey

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...